Sunday, August 29, 2010

6) Selfish Weekends

Hello, hello everyone! It's Josh here!
Newbies: Jello!
Returns: Many happy ones too you as well!

Since the weekend is basically over, I thought this would be a fitting post (plus, I'm stalling on my Stats homework).

This weekend I was bad (not really, but you know what I'm saying)...

I didn't exercise (again).
I didn't go to the dining hall (except for tonight because I ran out of graham crackers and Tostitos).
I didn't start my homework right away (not that I ever do, but come on it's a new academic year!).
I didn't do anything.

And it felt... Fabulous!
Sometimes, you just got to be still.

Go ahead! Be a bum! Pull out your sweats, take off your wig, and let your gut hang out! It's the weekend, baby and quite frankly... you deserve it!

So, I know what my favorite weekend consists of:
                         1) Doing nothing (except for eating & marathon tv watching)
unless it's related to...
                         2) Having an outlet for creative expression (i.e-blogging, music videos, photo shoots)

For me, the weekday is primarily comprised of academic and administrative responsibilities. As a result, the weekend is my chance to recollect myself and recharge (or in some cases) exercise my "creative battery." So I ask you...

Arêteen Reader Question #2: What's your favorite way to spend a weekend? How do you get back to yourself?

Let me know! Until next time, spread the word and...

"Live Excellently," Arêteens!


-Josh:)

Take time for yourself everyday and you'll always feel better. We all need a little time to be self-ish. - Arêteen 

No comments:

Post a Comment